Call for Papers
HMANA is seeking program proposals for our 15th conference, “Soaring Toward the Future: New Challenges in Raptor Migration” to be held in Detroit, Michigan, on October 12-14, 2018.
We are actively seeking proposals, especially on these topics of special interest, including:
- Raptor population trends
- Possible shifts in migration patterns: routes and timing
- Raptor telemetry and technological advances
- Conservation issues and threats facing raptors
- Education initiatives, including young hawkwatchers
- Challenges to sustaining and maintaining hawkwatch sites
- Weather patterns and migration in a changing climate
- Advances in raptor identification in the field
- Raptor photography
The deadline to submit a proposal is May 11, 2018. You will be notified by June 11, 2018 if your proposal is chosen.
In no more than 150 words, please summarize and describe your presentation and indicate how it fits within the topics of special interested noted above. If your proposal covers topics other than these, please describe why you think it should be selected. If selected, this description will be included in the conference program. Please describe the technical or audio/visual needs for your presentation as well as its proposed length. We anticipate that most presentations will be brought to conference on flash drives that will be loaded onto a PC laptop.