The 2014 HMANA Conference, “Connecting Hawks and People for 40 Years” was held in Rochester, NY from April 25-27, 2014. Braddock Bay Raptor Research (BBRR) was the host organization for the conference, providing an appropriate setting for this gathering of hawkwatchers and raptor enthusiasts from all over the U. S. and Canada. A fantastic line-up of speakers from east to west shared the latest raptor research happening in the field, and also enlightened us about past accomplishments and contributions HMANA has made for raptor conservation. HMANA would like to thank the many volunteers from HMANA and BBRR who made the conference a great success. We also would like to acknowledge the following for their support:
- Conference Sponsors The Rochester Birding Association and Leica Sport Optics
- Keynote speakers Richard Crossley and Keith Bildstein
- Vendors Lakeshore Nature Tours and The Birdhouse
- Media partner The Nature Travel Network
- Event photographer Laurie Dirkx
- The many presenters and attendees who traveled from near and far to participate in and contribute to the conference
2014 HMANA Awards Recipients – Several individuals were recognized for their contributions to HMANA and raptor conservation over the years.
Please enjoy the conference photos displayed below.
If you attended the conference, feel free to provide HMANA with your feedback on your experience by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.