The Hawk Migration Association of North America (HMANA) was founded in 1974 and incorporated as a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization in the State of New York. Since establishing our headquarters in Michigan in 2017 we are also a licensed nonprofit organization there.
Our Mission: HMANA advances the scientific knowledge and promotes the conservation of raptor populations through the study, enjoyment, and appreciation of raptor migration.
- Collects hawk count data from almost two hundred affiliated raptor monitoring sites throughout the United States, Canada, and Mexico
- Publishes the semi-annual journal Hawk Migration Studies, which includes seasonal reports on the migration and more
- Provides HawkCount, a near-real-time international database of hawk counts across the continent
- Maintains BIRDHAWK, a subscription-based email list
- Is a driving force behind the Raptor Population Index (RPI), to promote scientific analysis of hawk count data
Contact HMANA at:
28916 Millbrook Rd
Farmington Hills MI 48334